Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Grand Canyon

The Grand Canyon has caused a small dispute this evening.

You see, I have a sister who is not only really attractive, but she is really brilliant. This is something I have struggled with for years. The immense jealously I feel when I am around her is overwhelming, but tonight, the situation was even more difficult than it has been in the past.

My sister informed me of a long held misconception that I have been carrying around. The Grand Canyon, is not, in fact, in Utah.

The Grand Canyon does, in a very small part, seep into the southern edge of the state of Utah, but the bulk of the National Park, is in Arizon, thus one speaking of the Canyon would say it is located in Arizona.

This information hurt my pride, because for many years I have naively believed the others who allegedly told me that the Grand Canyon is in Utah, and I was both embarrassed and ashamed that had been so foolish.

Currently, I am seeking guidance from a higher power to forgive my gorgeous, brilliant, and multi-talented sister.

2 comments:

Lacking Productivity said...

Oh, little sister, I see your edit marks...and it is on...

Chlorine Addict said...

Wow, Karissa, you've really changed your writing style. I felt like a couple times the voice was conflicting. Sort of like you couldn't make up who you were writing as...