Saturday, July 7, 2007

Crawdads


Just this last monday we went crawdad fishing with our neighbors the sieberts. This was lots of fun except for when I was being chased around with crawdads. For those of you who don't know crawdads have little pinchers and I don't think it would be fun getting pinched by one. When we were crawdad fishing I was convinced that I must conquer my fear of touching the crawdad and pick one up. I had my helpful neighbor Julia coach me on how to hold the crawdad and then finally she trained me enough to be able to pick one up all by my self. I thought I could say I am not afraid to hold a crawdad, but then later that next day I realized that maybe my fear was not totally over, because when my grandpa came over and wanted to eat a crawdad and my mom sent me down the freezer to get some I had a hard time doing it with their beady corpsy little eyes staring in to mine I could not bring my self to touch one so I just scooped them up with the bowl. Maybe I'm over my fear of live crawdads just not dead ones.

2 comments:

Chlorine Addict said...

Maybe you need Julia to coach you so you can get over your fear of dead crawdads too. But to tell you the truth, I'm kind of scared to pick up the live ones too. Who knows when they'll just start pinching you? It could happen at anytime. They're wily little guys.

Lacking Productivity said...

Your fear is totally legit. Things that are creepy and gross should not be touched, unless of course, when you get close to disgusting creatures you are getting paid quite generously by the Discovery channel network.